Sprouted

Sprouted

Wow - there's a lot to catch up on

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Holy cow. It's August 12, 2010. There's a lot I have to catch up on!
Obviously - I have not been the best at keeping up with my blog - but I intend to be better since I will probably join the ranks of the unemployed at the end of the year. Long story short - my company sold the business that was in California and they don't need a Project Manager on the west coast to take care of a business unit that is in Virginia.
As with a lot of things in life - this is a good and bad thing.
Good stuff:
  • More time with the kid.
  • Less heartburn over office idiocy.
  • Greater opportunity to get back in shape.
  • More time to BLOG! :-)
Bad stuff:
  • Single income household.
  • Vocabulary skills deteriorating as my interactions with adults decrease.
  • More opportunity to eat random things in the kitchen since I'm in the kitchen more.

Oh well.

The Sprout related stuff has been piling up in my head over the past months and dare I say it - YEAR since she's joined us on the outside world. I'll keep this entry short for now by summarizing some of the highlights and the list will serve as a "table of contents" if you will, on the future posts to come!

  1. My kid is a tank. At her 12 month check up, she weighed 23 lbs, 2 ounces. That puts her in the 80 percentile for weight. I just have one thing to say about this - at least my biceps will be toned....
  2. We went to NYC for a week in July. What a trip for so many reasons! Something tells me while she doesn't LOOK like me - my daughter is definitely cut from the same cloth as me.
  3. Walking for babies is overrated.
  4. Siblings - are they overrated too?
  5. There must be something in the water... the onslaught of new additions to families that I know hasn't let up since we started in 2010. It's great!
I hope you all will continue to check back in once in a while to see if anything good is posted and to get your updates on how life with an over exuberant toddler can be. It'll either be the best birth control you could ever ask for or a great place to commiserate!

No comments:

Post a Comment