Sprouted

Sprouted

Where did my a$$ go?

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Good thing prior to being pregnant I had plenty to spare. One of the things I had always hated about my body was the combination of having no boobs and a big butt. If I had been flat, but with no butt - I think I could have lived with that. Conversely, if I had a big butt, but something actually worth putting in my bra - I think that would have been okay too.
But no.
I got the double-whammy combo of a flat chest and a lot of junk in the trunk.

Well guess what - besides leaving me with stretch marks, bags under my eyes big enough to put a pair of combat boots in and slightly flatter feet - having a kid has also left me with a flatter backside.

How weird is that???

My sister was the first to point this out to me. Gotta love family. And I was pretty sure she was totally off her rocker when she said it. After all - none of the books tell you that having a baby gives you a flat butt. So - she MUST have been mistaken. I completely disregarded her comment and go about my day.

But you know what? I think she's right. And you know what else? I think my butt migrated from my backside to Kaitlin's. When we first brought her home, she was - how shall we put it - petite. She weighed in at a whole 6 pounds 7 ounces - had these scrawny, weenie arms and - you guessed it - a skinny little butt. My mom was quick to point out what a skinny rear she had at pretty much every opportunity she could find.
Let's fast forward now to today. If you've seen Kaitlin in the past 2-3 months, I think you'll agree that she looks like she hasn't missed too many meals. It was a little hard to tell at first because she is often in a cloth diaper, which is way bulky. Not until I realized that it was hard to put her pants on past her butt even with a disposable diaper on - that I took another look and saw the Yen butt on the newest Jasper family member. Actually - I guess I shouldn't call it the Yen butt. No one else in my family has the same butt issues that I had - but whatever. She certainly didn't get it from her father's side of the family. Sheesh.

Welcome to the family little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment